Daniel C. Hamou, M.D.
A board-certified ophthalmologist, Dr. Hamou specializes in refractive surgery, dry eye/blepharitis, and cataracts. After completing his undergraduate education at the State University of New York at Binghamton, he earned his medical degree from Sackler School of Medicine in Tel Aviv, Israel in 1995. His post-doctoral training included an internship at Winthrop University Hospital as well as an ophthalmology residency and chief residency at North Shore University Hospital in Manhasset. These were followed by a clinical fellowship in corneal and refractive surgery at St. Barnabas Hospital-Corneal Associates of NJ. Dr. Hamou has served as the former Chief of Surgery at the Peconic Bay Medical Center and currently serves as the Director of Cornea Transplant Surgery there.
Dr. Hamou enjoys softball, jogging, playing piano, and spending time with his daughters.
- Peconic Bay Medical Center, Riverhead, NY
- St. Catherine's of Siena Medical Center, Smithtown, NY
- St. Charles Hospital, Port Jefferson, NY
- Mather Hospital, Port Jefferson, NY
- Eastern Long Island Hospital, Greenport, NY
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- New York State Ophthalmological Society
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Long Island Ophthalmology Society
- Suffolk County Medical Society